Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Gas Milage

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just testing my signature.


    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC, Walbro regular pressure pump, AEM cai,
    RSR headers, Greddy PE, Brembo Cross-Drill rotors,
    DC Sports Rear Strut Tower Brace (junk!), Yoko AVSi

    Greg Holden's JRSC Install Site

  2. #12
    Inactive Member dublocivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 1999
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thats 3.04 canadian..2.09 us currency! damn we're lucky!

    ------------------
    Fire breathing, methanol guzzling, 9000 hp b18b.

    Soon to be.. Fire breathing, methanol guzzling, 9000 hp b16a.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member GSRDPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just averaged 25 MPG on my last tankful with about a 60/40 (HWY/CITY) mix of very spirited driving.

    ------------------
    Tom

    1996 Cypress Green Pearl Acura Integra 4 DR
    JRSC with JR fuel pump upgrade
    J&S Safeguard
    Tokico Illumina Shocks & Eibach Pro-kit Springs
    Dunlop D60/A2 JLBs (205 50 15) on stock 15 x 6 wheels (street)
    Kumho V700 Victoracers (205 50 15) on 15x7 rims (autocross)
    Century infant and booster child seats in back!!!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The lowest gas mileage I've ever seen on my car is 27 mpg because of alot of city driving and racing from every light. On average I usually get 30 mpg and on long trips I usually see 34 mpg.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  5. #15
    Inactive Member vincentc's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm suprised that your car was idling. I had the same problem and the car would stall at traffic lights, but only after the car was warm. I even threw a code after a while. It turned out that I failed to tighten down the nuts securing the rail.

    Charlie
    ($1.45 for 93 in PA)

  6. #16
    Inactive Member BobbyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Damn, and I was just bitchin' about the gas prices earlier today ($1.24 gal in Atlanta). I guess I should be lucky I'm not paying as much as you guys. I will be driving down to Florida for vacation in a couple of weeks and I'm sure my wallet will feel it then. It's usually about $.30 higher down there when I go. I feel for you guys, just yrt to get the most out of every drop (enjoy it to the fullest when you slam the pedal to teh floor).hehe

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's Fu#%*n $1.50 for REGULAR here in Cinci.

    (I have the urge to fill the rest of this page with uncontrollable profanity).

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Turismo... I am shocked !!! You are a lady. I am glad that you DID show some control and restraint. HA HA HA.

    Anyway, I have been very impressed with the collection of parts that you have amassed... and the passion that you have for tuning. I admire your intellect and your ability to be broad in finding resolutions.
    My question to you is: HOW good is the PMS ??? Do you have any dyno time to support the praises that you have been giving it lately ??? If not dyno time, what about track times... or some type of hard data to support your "Butt Dyno".

    I ask this because the "Blackbirds" will REQUIRE an Engine Management Unit that is top notch... and I don't want to have to buy a MoTec !!!

    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    JR Civic,

    To be Honest I'm not convinced enough (Yet) to recommend it but only because of the fact I haven't had nearly enough time to be with it.

    The weather's been crap here and I'm in the middle of trying to get into a new house so time isn't on my side.

    I will say this,

    The first (and only) day I got to spend about 200 miles playing with it and saw some very promising results.

    I tried all kind's of different fuel delivery setups to see how things ran and where my limits seemed to be.

    1. Tried it with the OE FPR only (I know, BADDD!!) but only for a couple of runs. Enough to confirm what I've been told by Will and yourself, that the OE injectors would max out and they did at about 6500RPM.

    2. Tried it with the JR FPR without any manifold input (constant 60 psi) and was amazed how precisely I could tune the A/F under boost, however this high of pressure at idle was causing my plugs to get dark so I decided to stick with the JR setup (minus the relay which I havent used since I hooked the PMS up) until the Cartech becomes a reality).

    With the constant 60psi setup and getting the PMS tuned to almost perfect A/F across the board the car SCREAMED compared to the overly rich mix I usually get with the JR FPR working like it should. I might of left it like this but the duty cycle was still approaching MAX so safety first. I think with the Cartech or similar FPR that I can get a stock Idle pressure and much more conservative and controllable rate of rise the PMS could make serious power gains.


    3. Back to the JR FPR and using the PMS to SUBTRACT fuel under boost. Havent really got to tune it as perfect with this going but I attribute it to a few things.

    #1 JR FPR doesn't seem as precise or consistent as I would like. I can remove fuel in areas and have a A/F reading that is perfect one time but get on the gas again and it may go Lean. I know I'm on a fine line trying to get that close but with the 60psi setup it was dead nuts everytime you mashed the throttle. Because of this I have to set the PMS more conservatively to make sure I'm running safely.

    #2 JR fuel pump is CRAP!! After running the 60psi for a few hours I could swear it started whining and then I started getting top end hesitation when I went back to normal FPR operation. So I got the real Walbro pump (for one hell of a price wink ) and believe my problems are gone, I think.
    Since I got the pump I've only driven about 10 miles in the Teg. but without any hesitation ( I think). The pump going bad could be my inconsistentcy problem with the JR FPR and PMS settings, well see ASAP.

    Couple of other comments while I'm on a roll,

    Why the hell does JR sell the shitty Walbro instead of the real deal? They have to know it's not adaquate, even at 6psi - heres why.

    My 6psi setup actually registers 8psi at 8000rpm. This is the same amount of pressure the JR FPR is recieving. At a 5:1 ratio and a 60 psi at "0" boost pressure, at 8 psi the FPR is adding 40 psi of pressure at 6psi real boost. Bringing the total pressure to 90psi - above the JR pumps ability to flow properly.

    Get the real pump from JRCivic if your going to get a pump at all!

    Secondly, after running at 60psi constant I pulled the plugs to find them turning a dark brown color, richer than I've ever seen them. But only the first two plugs on the fuel inlet side of the rail had this problem. The other 2 looked normal. This adds to my suspicion that the last two injectors in line may starve a little under extreme conditions. This thought is backed up by the fact that anytime I adjust timing and start to get minimal detonation the J&S almost aslways shows only 1-2 cylinders having a problem, HMMMM...

    Well in my quest to dump as much cash into this project as possible I ordered a Vortech Hi Flow fuel rail to see if this does any good, Well see in a couple of weeks.

    Also one of the best things about the PMS is that I'm at 16BTDC with almost no detonation at all when the boost curve is setup right. A lot less then I used to get at 10 degrees. To get the timing back seems to make as much diference as tuning the fuel.

    I'll let you know how things go after I have a chance to spend a little more quality time with the PMS and my new Pump. Hopefully I'll have her out tomorrow.



  10. #20
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Damn. I wrote all that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •